Monday, March 14, 2016

More Than a Handbag

The handbags and wallets that came today are amazing-the workmanship beautiful. The quality is much more than I imagined, hand woven material, hand printed, hand stitched.

But, more beautiful is the story behind them.

Each piece has a tag with the signature of the artisan who spun and wove the fabric, another signature from the block print designer, and other of the one who stitched it together. Each signature represents a life that has been given opportunity, not just the opportunity for employment and sustainable income. The artisans receive a good work environment, a daily meal plan, medical care, education for their children....JOY.

The products I received today were from JOYN, offering JOY to lives of artisans in India.

Did I mention....

They are BEAUTIFUL!

See for yourself.

The City Bag
Oh my goodness I love this bag- The City Bag- great size, inside zipper pocket, and open pockets for your phone! It's 100% leather and handspun cotton.  You can see me carrying mine tomorrow!
The price of the The City Bag is $119+ tax. I have one more to sell. There are other fabrics choices that can be ordered. Below are other styles I can order. Let me know if you'd like one of these when I place the next order.
          City Bag - Bay Leaves


 And, look! There are matching wallets, too.


Foldover Wallet - Persian Tile    
The matching wallets are of the same handwoven fabric. Please note, that the remainder of the material on the wallets is faux leather. The price for each is $49+ tax.


I have more products to share and can't wait. God is so good. I am excited to join His work around the world changing lives through fair wages and supporting communities. Thanks for sharing it with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment